Wednesday, November 7, 2007
WEDNESDAY - November 7
Just wanted to let all our friends and family know that our dear sweet little Phoebe passed away last night. Monday afternoon we noticed that she was having difficulty breathing and her neck was extremely swollen. We immediatly went to the vet who ran a few preliminary tests, gave her some oxygen and advised us to get to the emergency clinic ASAP.
The drive to the urgent care was extremely frightening and felt like it took forever to get there even though it was just in Tustin. Phoebe was really struggling. Upon our arrival they immediately took her in the back and started in airway immediately. We left her in the emergency room late Monday evening in a medically induced coma giving the doctor as much information as we possibly could.
The doctor called first thing Tuesday morning expressing concern about a possible snake poisoning however the tests were non-conclusive for a rattle snake. We visited here early Tuesday and our hearts were so heavy. We also took Otis & Milo in for testing fearful that it could be from the fire retardant, a repellant, or anything. Fortunately they are fine but our little Phoebe wasn't so lucky. She may have eaten a black widow, black recluse spider, a scorpion - who knows??
Last night while we were with her they had to ventilate her as she had stopped breathing on her own. We spent about an hour with her. Petting her, kissing her and just talking to her. The doctor was very concerned. We were on our way back home when the doctor called my cell phone to inform us that her heart had stopped and they were performing chest compressions.
Kip, Kayli and I just sat in a parking lot sobbing and called back the doctor to advise them to let her go as she was no longer getting oxygen to her brain.
For those of you that had the pleasure of knowing Phoebe I know you loved her - how could you not? She was just a little sweety and she really gave us all so much joy in her little short three years.